Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mango Mania



A dear friend from Dearborn gave me 5 big mangoes
Several days before, I also bought 2 huge mangoes from grocery
What should a girl do with 7 huge mangoes ?
I made mango pudding and mango popsicle

Basically I just made mango smoothie...
mix some mango chunks with sugar and skim milk..
put them in the blender..then blend everything well
put the mango smoothie in the popsicle mold or ice cubes tray ...Freeze
In the photo, I used the muffin mold .
 Later , there was a  metal taste or smell when I ate them.
Not gonna use them again.. Maybe a silicon mold will do better.

For Mango Puding.
I mixed 1 packet of Nutrijell (Halal gelatin product from Indonesia, made from seaweed )
and 1 packet of agar-agar mix with sugar ( about 1 1/2 cups )  ...
then added 4 cups of water and 1 1/2cup of skim milk...
put everything in a pan and boiled them together..stirred often..
( for Nutrijell and agar-agar the amount of sugar is about 2 cups ...
you can use less or more )
( the amount of combined liquid is about 7 or 8 cups .
 I considered mango smoothie a liquid ) 
Before it was boiled , I added 1  1/2 cup of mango smoothie..
stirred and stirred again

When boiling, I turned off the heat.. add lemon / lime juice ( from 1 lemon/ lime )...
 I pour them into the glass container/ pyrex/ plastic pudding mold...
Let them cool down into room temperature ..then put them into the fridge until cold

Enjoy !










2 comments:

  1. You know something funny? Pas lagi musim mangga itu, gue juga suka beli mangga 1 kerdus dari Dearborn! Trus gue mikir, gue mo kasih ke eloe sekalian mampir2 n ngobrol2 sama eloe..

    Mangganya beda soalnya, besar n manis... mirip arum manis gitu. Gue beli 1 kerdus isi 6 kalo nggak salah .. cuman begitu gue beli, biasanya langsung abis .. 1 langsung dimakan, 2 diminta coworkernya Lucas, 2 dimakan besokannya, trus mikir2 masak ngasih mangga cuman 1 biji, makanya mau nunggu sampe berikutnya beli mangga baru kerumah loe .. and the cycle repeats. :D

    Sekarang mangganya udah nggak ada :( Moga2 next summer muncul lagi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rupanya elu pecinta mangga juga...

    ReplyDelete