Saturday, September 8, 2012

SHOPPING AT MY MOM'S CLOSET

I don't find shopping relaxing at all
Shopping is like hunting for me..
Checking, comparing, scanning , deciding,
fitting, another deciding, paying, hauling, driving, organizing. TIRING.

But of course, I like to wear something new once in a while.
In Jakarta ( due to traffic jam and laziness ) I shopped at my mom's closet

" Apa yang kamu mau , ambil aja, " She asked me to take whatever I like.

Of course I did what my mama asked .
It's more relaxing than going out shopping at the mall
It was late at night. The kids were sleeping.
I ransacked my mom's closet, trying the clothes, grabbing the bags.
We were chatting and enjoying ourselves...

Back to US, in a gathering, I wore my mom's white cotton blouse
My friend said to me ( who saw my mom when she went back to Indonesia ) ,
" You look nice in that blouse.But it looked kinda familiar, "

I knew I was busted.
" From my mom's closet, " I answered.

  " She wore this blouse when I met her, " my friend said.

Thinking about how full my mom's closet with good stuff
and  her letting me taking what I like,
Heavenly Father's gift closet came into my mind.
Ephesus 1 : 18 , I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened
in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you,
the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints,
and His incomparably great power for us who believe.

Those forgiveness, faith, love, joy, faithfulness, power,
energy, healing, purity, balance, leadership, wisdom,
organization, boldness, grace, contentment,
modesty, honesty, the lists go on and on.

James 1 : 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

Someone I know, felt she was not interested to her husband anymore.
If she just followed her flesh, bitterness,
affair and divorce would be waiting around the corner.
Thank God, she prayed . She asked the gift of love for her husband.
Of course she was given that gift. She fell in love with her husband again.

This year I asked God to give me more energy.
By nature, I was a low energy person.
Well.. I also tried to improve my energy by doing more exercise.
Prayer and action, I thought.
Then I got a annual blood test result. I am pre-diabetic.
I should cut my refined carbohydrate.
After I did that, I felt that my energy levels were up.
So, my prayer was answered .
These days what I need is consistency to keep doing exercise and eating healthy...
And I will get that from my heavenly Father's gift storage.
I unlock that storage with prayer.
John 15 : 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you ,
ask whatever you wish , and it will be given to you. Amen.






3 comments:

  1. Alow Tirsa!

    1) Totally agree! Gue juga nggak suka shopping... more like a chore daripada a fun activity.. repot, capek, mesti ngepas2, trus setelah dipas, bentuknya beda sama yang di poster/mannequin, plus anak cepet bosen n nangis2... hehehee... :) But, abis ngelahirin, size gue beda total, so it's a necessary evil. Well. maybe not evil, necessary chore lah... hehehe.. :)

    2) Low energy? You are one of the most energetic person that I know! :) Maybe it's the smile and laughter... :) Loe nggak keliatan low energy loo... But it's good anyway to exercise. Do you know that the Asian genes are predisposed to diabetes? Gue baca itu di webmd or something like that pas gue kena gestational diabet. :D It's all those white rice!! nyam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Really nice tie-in to the Father's gifts for us. :) Including salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allow Glenny...thanx 4 the comments

    ReplyDelete