Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Low Impact Kind of Gal

As a zumba-ers, lately I found out that I became really sore after a regular zumba exercise which last for 1 hour . The pain was too much for me that I had to take a painkiller afterwards. Although I heard I can burn 400 cal by doing zumba, I have to take the pain into consideration.

The alternatif is zumba gold, a low impact zumba which segmented to seniors. At first I was rather apprehended to join the class. I'm not seniors yet, I just entered my forties last year. I came to the class anyway, and I love it. It's low impact and the instructor is great. It feels more like dancing class than aerobic class.

Too bad it's only happens once a week. I need at least 3 times exercise to be energized. So what should I do ?
the path

Well, the solution is walking. This week I walked for 2 miles with a friend. We walked on a quaint path. It has a couple of bridges and wooded area. Very nice. And nearby there is a cute supermarket which sells fresh squeezed orange juice at a low price.


So finally I decide to walk about 2 or 3 times a week. In the meantime, I'm still going to regular zumba class, but I will make my movement low impacts. In case the instructor are jumping around,
I am just walking . In other words, I will be more like the senior members of zumba class. The grandmas who always do their own dancing and keep their own pace.

Viva zumba gold and viva walking !


1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! So sorry to hear abis zumba jadi sore sampe perlu painkiller... :( :( :(

    On the good news, you're the cutest student in the Zumba Gold class... huehehehe... It's good kalian bisa jalan2 di walking path ... ada temennya lagi... so nice .. ada OJ lagi.. huehehee...... Tirsa dah nyoba jalan di path yang di Canton? Ada entrance deket rumah di Canton Center and Palmer.. that one is quite nice juga. Tirsa mau coba sepedaan? Low impact loh..... and bisa ngelakuin itu sama anak2 ... trus kalo ada keranjang, bisa sekalian sambil running errands and grocery shopping loh ... huehehee....

    PS: So impressed kamu olah raga 3x seminggu. Good for you!!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete