Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Boy and His Rendang

Rendang was voted the winner of CNN World's 50 Most Delicious Food
http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/eat/readers-choice-worlds-50-most-delicious-foods-012321?page=0,2
Daniel loves rendang. He likes it with a warm bowl of white rice.
He was excited to hear that rendang would be served in Easter lunch at our church.
My husband and I were super busy at the Easter service because we both volunteered .
So we did not really pay attention to what he ate.

At home, after the service, Daniel was kinda sad.

" I did not eat rendang, " he said

I remembered that the kids were served first, while their parents were listening to the Easter sermon.
They had fried chicken, fried noodle and rice.
Rendang , egg balado, and sayur daun singkong ( stewed kale in coconut milk )
were not included in the kids' plates since they were spicy .

" Why you didn't ask..? " I asked

He just shrugged his shoulder as usual... not a man of many words to me...
although I know he's quite chatty with his friends.

" I promise I'll make you some, " I said

On Monday, the kids and I went grocery shopping.
We bought ingredients for rendang. I am not very good at making rendang,
so I just use instant rendang paste ..( thank you Bumbu Munik ), a can of coconut milk,
a lot of potatoes ( since my husband and I try to eat less meat ).

This is the result...( not as yummy as my friend's though.. )









1 comment:

  1. Aww.... Rendangnya Mas Wit enak .... too bad Daniel nggak ikutan makan.. :(

    Btw, I like the composition of the pics... 2 piringnya n kaleng santen di crop gitu... Looks artsy... huehehhee...

    ReplyDelete