Monday, May 18, 2015

Avocado Frozen Treats


Here in the USA, I find the avocados in dips, salsa, spreads, sandwich, salad, tacos, burritos. Back in Indonesia, avocados are used in cold desserts such as smoothies, ice cream. They are the fixing for es campur or Indonesian snow cone.

Last week at my local grocery, the avocados were on sale. I bought two. I thought I would ate them as is, maybe after a workout. Added protein and good cholesterol as I tried to shed off the winter extra pounds.

Well, my good intention did not work and they were ripening.

So, I made them into frozen treats instead. I blended the avocados with ice cubes, milk, sugar, condensed milk, and instant coffee.
Portion them in Dixie cups, then put them in the freezer. I mixed the adults portion with Bailey (or Kahlua )

Yours are in the upper shelves
Don't take mine, kids !
And I need more zumba sessions afterward...


2 comments:

  1. No zumba needed .... Avocado is full of healthy Vit. E and good fats! Don't mind the Kahlua and condensed milk ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No zumba needed .... Avocado is full of healthy Vit. E and good fats! Don't mind the Kahlua and condensed milk ... :D

    ReplyDelete