Friday, March 30, 2012

TALKING ABOUT STRUCTURE

I heard an interview with Paul McCartney on NPR
on the way to drop Sophie off  to the preschool.
I am a fan of the Beatles...So I really enjoyed listening to him.

This is the link...
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/29/148609721/paul-mccartney-blows-kisses-to-his-fathers-era

What I can relate to very much is the topic of structure.
For Sir Paul McCartney, of course,  the structure of songwriting.
Long long ago when I wrote scripts,
I remembered that conflict between protagonist and antagonist
is a classic structure of a script.
These days, here are the things that come into my mind when thinking about structure

1. A-Line Dresses have a good structure to improve my look



2. Daily routine of my kids or schedule is very important. It is the structure of their life. Without the routines, all tantrums break loose
Naptime still included in Sophie's routine

3. In my childhood sugary snacks were only for holidays .
They were not in the menu structure of my days.
But my kids expect some kind of dessert daily.
Those ( ice cream, cakes, chocolate, candies ) are like a change
from major to minor key in a song.
Making the mood interesting...( said Paul McCartney )

My mom has been lamenting , " If they get those junk food daily,
how do they got nutrition ?  "
Well.. in my defense I can only say that I am not a perfect mom..
I try to be just an average mom
with a lot of TLC and some discipline ( which did not work very well in the eating area  :(

Well... thanks for listening to my ramblings..

           C Am
If there's anything that you want,
           C                G7
If there's anyhting I can do,
      F7                  Am                 C        G7     C
Just call on me and I'll send it along with love from me to you

Verse 2 (Same Chords as Verse 1)
If there's anything that you want,
Like a heart that's oh, so true,
Just call on me and I'll send it along with love from me to you

( this is change from major to minor .. those special occasion to make the mood interesting, those special snack that come too often in my kids life )
       Gm                 C7
I got arms that long to hold you
     F
and keep you by my side.
       D7
I got lips that long to kiss you 
     G             G+ 
And keep you satisfied


Happy singing dear Readers... and Viva the Beatles !


3 comments:

  1. 1) I love A-line!! :) Hehehehe... apalagi kalo bahannya rada tebel, and structurenya bagus... very slimming and very good at hiding bulges. :D

    3) Wuah... keren banget... gue = no clue on major/minor key tonality... huehehe.... Hmm.. feeling guilty, gue barusan ngepack 6 kit kat dark chocolate ke kantor ni hari ini... huehehe... not all for 1 day, but still. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, modcloth.com jual banyak baju A-line. Gue belom pernah beli baju dari mereka si tapinya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenny, gue juga nggak bisa menjelaskan secara detail perpindahan dari major key ke minor key.. tapi kalo elu denger interviewnya...atau denger lagunya..coba deh di youtube...
    elu akan ngerti apa yg dimaksud oleh Sir McCartney

    ReplyDelete