Monday, March 19, 2012

Treasure Notebook


my recipe book
I always have trouble remembering the Bible verses
I could remember vaguely about them...
for example , there is something in Psalm about God is my shepherd 
but I do not remember which chapter or which verse

I joined Sunday school during my childhood,
youth cell group during my teens..
worked in Christian based ( media ) production house during my twenties
join women's Bible study during my thirties.. 
After all these years
the only verse that I remembered is 
John 3 : 16 : For God so loved the world that He gave His only son , 
so that everyone who believes will not perish but has eternal life...

That's too bad, since there are millions of wisdom in the Bible 
that I should record in my brain.

Well... maybe I don't have a good memory 
Although when someone did me wrong, I have no trouble remembering that !

But then I think I should expect memorizing Bible verses
would be difficult and challenging
After all it is the truth...

One afternoon, Carolyn, one of the ladies in my Bible Study group , 
showed her pretty little notebook.
Filled with her neat penmanship of Bible verses that spoke to her heart. 
I thought ..Voila ..It will help me to memorize the Bible verses...

So I started one too....maybe it will work, maybe not.. but it will be worth trying. 

Inside the Bible verses notebook ( left )








2 comments:

  1. Check out Isaiah 55:10 - 12.

    Rest assured that even though you might not remember the words of God that you heard in the past, they have taken roots in your heart and bear fruits in your life. And you might remember them not as verses, but as the voice God guiding each decisions that you make in life. :)

    ReplyDelete