Thursday, February 9, 2012

Everything Is Permissible, but Not Everything Is Beneficial

Going out of the store with bags of groceries and Sophie in the cart, I noticed that super cutsy-cute car sliding along the parking lot. Then it was parked next to mine.

" Nice cute car, is it electric?, " I asked the owner.

" Actually , it's regular car. But I've been stopped by a lot of people
asking question about it, " he said.

Our conversation continued about his car and  his family  while I'm loading Sophie and my groceries into my car. He was putting soda bottles and cans into plastic bags.

At the end, he invited me to his son's birthday party which I politely declined. Then he asked to exchange cellphone numbers because it's been hard for his family to find another family to be friends with.

" I don't give out my phone number, " I said

He said he understood. It was just like old days. But he insisted to give his phone number and saying  it was up to me whether I want to erase it or send message or call him. He's a family man not somebody who would pick me up or something like that.. He did not want to know what else I would do with his phone number anyway .

He got my cart and used it for his soda bottles. I said goodbye.

While I was driving, a lot of things came to my mind. I am ashamed to say it, but I felt a little bit " bewitched, bothered and bewildered " ( only the title of the song though, not the whole lyrics  )
Maybe I look better than before , thanks to Zumba and ( an on and off ) diet . I also felt the impulse to google  his number.

" This is not right ! " the better, more rational part of myself  took charge.

" That man could  just be someone who's lonely, or a stalker or psycho .  But the feeling.. is not good for you or your family. It's neither healthy nor holy,  Lord Jesus won't be happy, " the preacher in me preached to my impulsive self.

" Maybe he really wants to find a play date for his son..but are you really lacking of play dates for your kids? You have turned down some invitations from your  friends' kids in the past,  better get in touch with them  .." the socialite self reasoned with me

" You don't lack anything in your marriage.. You are loved by you husband. Your kids adore you.
Keeping their schedule, is already time consuming enough. Now you want to waste your time to google this man?  Better do some blogging, " the counselor part of me spoke up.

OK, OK.. I got the point.When I 'm home, the third thing I did  after unbuckled Sophie, and unloaded the groceries , was erase that man's number.

Then I call my husband..

" Guess what happened to me,  Eddy..."




No comments:

Post a Comment