Tuesday, January 31, 2012

HOPEFULLY LOW CHOLESTEROL CURRY



I usually do not follow the recipe exactly... I work with what I have in my kitchen..
That is why I do not like baking.. I mostly bake muffins.. the muffins will taste different from time to time

My mom 's advice :
If it doesn't taste good... do not add the spice..or herb.. or whatever you think you need to add... usually it just need more salt.. add a little bit at a time ...tasting it a lot... untill you think the taste is good...

My mom's advice works for me...This is my recipe for chicken/ tempe/ tofu curry ..
I hope and try my best to make it low cholesterol...
I also like to add a LITTLE salt  again and again..after each indgredients to layer the flavour

4 pieces of garlic
1/2 onion
protein ( chicken breast/ tempeh ) as big as 2 hands
2 potatoes
2 carrots
6 pieces of kale leaves ..middle part removed, then cut just as you like
3 or 4 pieces of keffir lime leaves
2 tsp yellow curry powder ( or as much or as less as you like )
3 cups of fat free milk
2 tbsp coconut milk ( just to make the curry smell good )
1 tsp sugar ( works like msg without the chemicals )

chop the garlic and onion, potatoes , carrots
cut the protein into cubes ( or as you like )
sautee the onion..when translucent, add garlic..add a little bit of salt and pepper.
after the garlic smell good, add the protein... add a little salt ,pepper ( again ), curry powder
when the chicken/ tempeh cooked , add carrot and potatoes .. add a little salt and pepper ( again )
after about 5 minutes, add fat free milk, coconut milk, keffir lime leaves... simmer..
after about 10 minutes correct the seasoning add the sugar... simmer untill carrot and potatoes tender..

serve with rice and kerupuk ( shrimp chips )...




No comments:

Post a Comment